Sunday 22 January 2012

Walking before I can even crawl?

The last few weeks have been really stressful - no one reason in particular, we just have too many things to do and not enough time to do them in! As a result, I've done very little sewing apart from some of the finishing touches on the cross stitch.

I decided that this is actually making things worse as I wasn't having any time to unwind - so I went (online!) fabric shopping! I bought a charm pack of Moda's Half Modern Moon which I *love* and I've found a relatively simple pattern on the bake shop website - but I'm cutting out some rows as I wanted a square quilt.

Hopefully there should be a photo of the layout below, the squares are organised in a vaguely rainbow pattern because this is a present for myself (T-2 months til my birthday) and I love them! I'll then add rows of white sashing in between.

So, we have fabric I really love, a pattern I've adapted, it's my first quilt and I'm using a machine borrowed from my lovely mother in law - what could possibly go wrong?!?


2 comments:

  1. Its like having kids... just take your tme... enjoy what you are doing.. and LOVE the results... no matter what xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice charm pack, and I like how you have arranged these, looking forward to seeing the finished project. Visiting from the Small Blog Meet, I hope you will drop by and have a look at my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!