Tuesday 19 June 2012

Summerville Chevron Pillow

As I've already mentioned, this pillow is for Danny at Mommyforreals for a charity that she works with.


I'm  really quite pleased with this, as it represents a few firsts for me. I haven't made more than two or three half square triangles before, and this was the first time that I had used them to "make" a design. It took a few doodles before I started to get the basic pattern straight in my head, but I got there in the end. I used 4 charm squares of different green patterns, four blue, one red (cut into quarters) for the corners and 8 black squares cut vertically in two to form the outer border. The solid I used was quite a bright white, but it was all that I had, and I'm pleased with the effect that it's created.

finished trac cover front

The back was pieced together using some larger pieces that I had left over from my wristlet - more on that when it's finished! I included some covered buttons made with scraps, because yet again I left a gape, oops!
finished trac cover back
Hope whoever receives this enjoys using it as a weapon and a shield, a comfort and a tear collector - and it's got wadding and quilting so should stand up to all of this!

5 comments:

  1. Neat chevrons, I have a charm pack of Summerville but haven't decided what to do with it yet, this could well top the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! Loving those Summersville prints =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's gorgeous - I love Summersville!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I'm enjoying your blog and have nominated you for a Liebster Blog award.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!