As I've already mentioned, this pillow is for Danny at Mommyforreals for a charity that she works with.
I'm really quite pleased with this, as it represents a few firsts for me. I haven't made more than two or three half square triangles before, and this was the first time that I had used them to "make" a design. It took a few doodles before I started to get the basic pattern straight in my head, but I got there in the end. I used 4 charm squares of different green patterns, four blue, one red (cut into quarters) for the corners and 8 black squares cut vertically in two to form the outer border. The solid I used was quite a bright white, but it was all that I had, and I'm pleased with the effect that it's created.
The back was pieced together using some larger pieces that I had left over from my wristlet - more on that when it's finished! I included some covered buttons made with scraps, because yet again I left a gape, oops!
Hope whoever receives this enjoys using it as a weapon and a shield, a comfort and a tear collector - and it's got wadding and quilting so should stand up to all of this!