Saturday 11 August 2012

Plans, plans, plans!

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my adventure! The kids are all back safely now, and after 4 evenings of sorting, all the tents are away too!

I've been making lots of plans for projects I'd like to make, and thought I'd record them so that I can't (1) back out or (a) forget.

Plan 1 is to sort out the rest of the house before the end of the holidays. A trip to IKEA and many hours spent putting this together (all by myself!) was phase 1 of this plan.


Number 2 is to finish A's quilt for her first birthday at the end of the month. This is all pieced now, it's too big to baste or quilt here, but I'm visiting a friend to borrow her monster machine next week when hopefully I'll be able to get it all finished bar the binding. Here's a sneak peak:


Part (iii) is to do something with my Indian Summer Mystery charm swaps from the fabulous Jenelle at Echinops and Aster. I'm so glad that I signed up for this, as the fabric is just gorgeous -


I'm thinking that I might try using the tutorials at the HST Block of the Month at In Color Order, as they should work quite well, and they're certainly the right size. I'm thinking that I could make myself a wall hanging of 2x6 blocks, perhaps starting with pink-y ones at the top and ending with the blue-y ones at the bottom - I'm going to ponder further...

And the last part involves the dreaded C-word.......................................................Christmas.
I'm thinking about making table runners for our mums using a charm pack of this:

Photo borrowed from the Fat Quarter Shop
Not that I've bought it yet, but shhhhhhhhhh!

I think I might use some of the tutorials from the Charmed Prints QAL here to make them.

I am well aware that both of these QAL's are either finished or nearly done, but never mind - better late than never! I'm hoping that I'm going to hold myself to this now that I've written about my plans- please chase me up :-)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your plans - we'll be watching ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those charms are gorgeous - looking forward to seeing what you do with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what fun plans! Loving the sneak peaks! Hope all goes well and you can show off some updates soon =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainbow of charms - and yes, Christmas is creeping up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!