Friday 24 August 2012

Zoo Windows Quilt Finish

My niece's first birthday quilt is finally finished! It is based on the Kitchen Windows pattern in The Practical Guide to Patchwork. As it's made with some animal fabric (which I can't remember the name of for the life of me!), it's been renamed Zoo Windows. I stuck with my original plan on using the pink, and it's worked well I think.


I borrowed a friend's embroidery machine to add A's name to her quilt - my friend joked that it also means that it can't be stolen!



This is the biggest quilt that I've done, as you can probably see from the fact that I can only just hold it up (I'm 5 foot nothing for reference)


I pieced a few pieces of bargainous fabric for the back, 1001 Peeps and some Meet the Gang.


I also used lots of solids from Backstitch - Klona Ash, Pale Pink and Light Lilac, as well as a FQ bundle from the Eclectic Maker.

Obligatory rolled quilt shot!



Sorry about the poor photos, the weather has been rubbish and I haven't been able to get outside in the sun. It's going on a bit of a journey in the next week - London-Cornwall-Manchester-Preston - so I couldn't wait for the rain to stop :(

Linking up to the lovely Amy who's hosting this week's TGIFF :-)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish. I love the pink and grey combo - which is saying something because I really don't like pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing finish! So perfect for a little girl. maybe you should have dangled it off the bed =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt - it will be well loved. Oh, and I will now be adding the word 'bargainous' to my quilty vocabulary!!! Thank you so much for sharing your quilt on TGIFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very pretty quilt. I like the black material that you have added it makes everything pop if you see what I mean. You are going to be your neices favourite aunty!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!